Monday, November 29, 2010

Leslie Nielsen of 'Naked Gun' Fame Dies at 84

NOV 29, 2010 - Actor Leslie Nielsen, best known for his roles in Airplane! and The Naked Gun, has died of complications due to pneumonia at age 84 in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale.

The Canadian-born actor started his career in serious roles, but it was the 1980 spoof Airplane! that propelled his career as a deadpan comedy star. After the movie's success, Nielsen was cast as Detective Frank Drebin in a TV series, Police Squad, which lampooned the cliches of Dragnet and other cop shows. Despite good reviews, ABC cancelled it after six episodes.

The producers, David and Jerry Zucker, and Jim Abraham then converted the series into the hit movie The Naked Gun, with George Kennedy, O.J. Simpson and Priscilla Presley as Nielsen's co-stars. Its success led to sequels The Naked Gun 2 1/2 and The Naked Gun 33 1/3.

His later movies included All I Want for Christmas, Dracula: Dead and Loving It and Spy Hard.

May he rest in peace.

5 Comments:

At 9:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Lim. My name is Jack, I am doing a research paper for my degree paper. It is related to Cinema in Malaysia. I was hoping you could help me on the issue.

You see, I've been in contact with GSC and TGV in filling me with information regarding the industry, it wouldn't feel right if I were to left out MBO. Therefore, I've been trying my best in contacting someone from MBO but to no avail.

It would be really helpful if you could provide me the email of the person in charge in MBO, such as the COO. I believe the COO of MBO is Ikmal Nizam Ariffin.

Thank you Mr Lim and have a great day.

 
At 11:25 am, Blogger Lim Chang Moh said...

Dear Jack, MBO was started by my friend Mr Toh Kim Hock who passed away recently. He has since sold his shares in MBO. My main contact in MBO is Mr Cheah Gim Hin who can be reached at 03-78802808.

I hope this info will be helpful. Cheers, LCM

 
At 12:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your help Mr. Lim. Do you perhaps have Mr. Cheah Gim Hin email address?

Thank you again.

 
At 1:10 pm, Blogger Lim Chang Moh said...

Hi Jack, his email address is cheah@mbocinemas.com. What is your email address and full name?

 
At 2:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Mr. Lim

My full name is Jack Dong

my email address is jack.d.dong@gmail.com

I shall contact him earliest by early next year.

Thank you for your help again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home